A Cocktail Competition for Scotland's Bartenders "Lab Coats Optional"
Monday 2nd September 2019
Dragonfly – Edinburgh
23:59 BST on Monday 5 August 2019
The second edition of the Elements of Islay fun-format cocktail competition for Scottish Peat-head movers and shakers, putting all your skills and senses to the test.
A V.I.P. trip to London, including access to The Whisky Show, a guided tour of The Whisky Exchange founder Sukhinder Singh’s private collection, an old and rare whisky tasting, a bottle of Elements of Islay Peat and the competition trophy.
How do I get involved?
1. Create a team of three people from your city.
2. Work together to create ONE original cocktail, based around the theme of science, using at least 25ml of either Elements of Islay Peat or Peat Full Proof.
3. Submit your cocktail to the competition using the entry form below.
4. Post a photo of your entry on Facebook or Instagram using #forpeatssake2019 and tagging @specialitybrand and @elementsofislay.
5. List your cocktail as a special throughout the month of August. Every Peat cork you bring to the final gets you two points towards your total.
We will select one winning cocktail – that’s one winning team of three – from each city. Your team will then compete against other cities from Scotland in the final of For Peat’s Sake 2019.
The final is split into four rounds. You can select your strongest team member for each round. The city with the highest combined score after all four events will be the winner of For Peat’s Sake 2019.
You will have a maximum of 30 minutes to nose and taste selected examples from Islay distilleries. The winner will be the one who can correctly identify the provenance of the most samples.
You will go head-to-head with opposing team members to answer quick-fire questions about Islay.
Shhh! We’re keeping this one to ourselves, but let’s say it’s suited to the more rhythmic member of your team…
Judges will be taken to a separate blind tasting room and each cocktail will be scored out of 20 based on taste, aroma, appearance and balance. No presentations, no justifications; it’s all about the cocktail.
Online Entry Form
Thank you for your interest in For Peat’s Sake. Unfortunately, the competition has now closed.
Terms and conditions
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- All entrants must work in a bar in Scotland.
- Online entry will open on 10 June 2019 and will close on 31 July 2019.
- All entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 5 August 2019.
- Successful finalists will be announced on 19 August 2019.
- All entrants must be available for the competition final on 2 September 2019.
- The winner of the final will be announced after the event on 2 September 2019.
- All entrants must be available for the prize dates – 28-30 September 2019.
- Your cocktail must include at least 25ml of either Elements of Islay Peat 45% or Peat Full Proof.
- Your cocktail must be based around the theme of science.
- Any homemade items must be specified with ingredients listed.