FOR PEAT'S SAKE Cocktail competition for Scotland's bartenders
Monday 17 September
Nightcap - Edinburgh
11:59pm BST on Wednesday 5 September
A brand new fun format of cocktail competition for Scottish Peat-head movers and shakers, putting all your skills and senses to the test.
A V.I.P. trip to London, including access to The Whisky Show, the first days of London Cocktail Week, a guided tour of The Whisky Exchange founder Sukhinder Singh’s private collection, a bottle of Elements of Islay Peat and the competition trophy.
How do I get involved?
1. Create an original cocktail using at least 25ml of either Elements of Islay Peat or Peat Full Proof.
2. Submit your cocktail to the competition using the entry form below.
3. Post a photo of your entry on Facebook or Instagram using #forpeatssake2018 and tagging @specialitybrand and @elementsofislay.
We will select three winning cocktails from each city, whose creators will form the regional team. You will then compete against other cities from across Scotland in the final of For Peat’s Sake 2018.
The final is split into four rounds. You can select your strongest team member for each round. The city with the highest combined score after all four events will be the winner of For Peat’s Sake 2018.
Blind Tasting. You will have a maximum of 30 minutes to nose and taste selected examples from Islay distilleries. The winner will be the one who can correctly identify the provenance of the most samples.
You will go head to head with opposing team members to answer quick-fire questions about Islay.
Shhh! We’re keeping this one to ourselves, but let’s say it’s suited to the more energetic amongst you.
Judges will be taken to a separate blind tasting room and each cocktail will be scored out of 20 based on taste, aroma, presentation and balance. No presentations, no justifications; it’s all about the cocktail.
Online Entry Form
Thank you for your interest in For Peat’s Sake. Unfortunately, the competition has now closed.
Terms and conditions
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- All entrants must work in the drinks industry in Scotland.
- Online entry will open on 16 July 2018 and will close on 3 September 2018.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 BST on 3 September.
- Successful finalists will be announced on 10 September.
- All entrants must be available for the competition final on 17 September 2018.
- The winner of the final will be announced after the event on 17 September 2018.
- All entrants must be available for the prize dates – 1-3 October.
- Your cocktail must include at least 25ml of either Elements of Islay Peat 45% or Peat Full Proof.
- Any homemade items must be specified with ingredients listed.